Host Tom Shaughnessy talks to Pankaj Balani, CEO and co-founder of Delta Exchange. They discuss the differences between derivatives exchanges vs traditional exchanges, market stability, current engineering challenges, and more.
- Pankaj began in derivatives trading in Hong Kong before moving into hedge funds.
- Pankaj believes his old colleagues view crypto as another asset class and are receptive to it.
- The reaction has been positive to the recent Supreme Court decision in India to lift the ban on banks handling cryptocurrencies.
- There has been significant growth in crypto in India in the last 2-3 months, more than many other markets have seen.
- Even in the US, a lot of the major banks are difficult to work within crypto.
- More and more people are viewing Bitcoin as a stable investment.
- Delta’s focus is on retail and professional traders; there is a demand for hedging, but there is more demand for speculation.
- They have more coins listed with them than any other peer exchange.
- Delta plans to launch a product that marries DeFi and CeFi
- They realized they had to build technology that could monitor as many as 100 coins over every customer throughout the day’s fluctuations.
- These engineering challenges are comparable to the engineering challenges in video streaming.
- Pankaj doesn’t attribute the current market fluctuations entirely to coronavirus but it’s certainly a factor.
Support The Show
- ZenLedger is the official tax software of Chain Reaction for crypto investors and accountants. Get a 15% discount when you use code Chain15.
To sponsor this top crypto research podcast, email [email protected]
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, BTC, STX, SNX, RUNE, sUSD and HNT. Let’s Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service. Guest host Kevin Kelly holds tokens in BTC, ETH, RUNE, and LEO.
Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
Published at Wed, 25 Mar 2020 16:15:00 +0000