Host Tom Shaughnessy talks to Uri Kolodny and Eli Ben Sasson of StarkWare, and Will Harborne from DeversiFi. They discuss the pros and cons of centralized and decentralized exchanges, the development of Layer 2 technologies, scalability, and more.
- StarkWare is an Israeli startup that develops proof systems for scalability, security, and permissions for blockchain.
- DeversiFi is a decentralized exchange that allows people to connect to any Ethereum wallet and can reach up to 9,000 TPS.
- DeversiFi is now working to scale up beyond Ethereum to its own centralized exchange, and is using StarkWare technology to do that.
- The biggest benefit of having all the benefits of a decentralized exchange operating on a centralized exchange is a higher number of trades per second.
- Starks are a type of zero-knowledge proof system with extreme scalability and transparency that rely on a lot of complex mathematics behind the scenes.
- What this technology results in is essentially a receipt for your transaction, a guarantee that your trade was handled correctly and that there was computational integrity.
- There are differences between Snarks and Starks—Starks have no trusted setup and have post-quantum security.
*When you want to scale, you don’t want a trusted setup limiting you to generating new sets of keys but allows you to operate more universally.
- It’s a plausible security threat that eventually hackers will be able to breach coins and blockchains that are not post-quantum secured.
- Adding zero-knowledge to the settlement process doesn’t automatically give you privacy, so they’re working on boosting those privacy demands.
- Pure centralized exchange technology is rapidly becoming a commodity, including cloud-based services.
- They are starting to look at non-fungible tokens.
Support The Show
- ZenLedger is the official tax software of Chain Reaction for crypto investors and accountants. Get a 15% discount when you use code Chain15.
To sponsor this top crypto research podcast, email [email protected]
Disclosures: This podcast is strictly informational and educational and is not investment advice or a solicitation to buy or sell any tokens or securities or to make any financial decisions. Do not trade or invest in any project, tokens, or securities based upon this podcast episode. The host may personally own tokens that are mentioned on the podcast. Tom Shaughnessy owns tokens in ETH, BTC, STX, SNX, RUNE, sUSD and HNT. Let’s Talk Bitcoin is a distribution partner for the Chain Reaction Podcast, and our current show features paid sponsorships which may be featured at the start, middle and/or the end of the episode. These sponsorships are for informational purposes only and are not a solicitation to use any product or service. Guest host Kevin Kelly holds tokens in BTC, ETH, RUNE, and LEO.
Cosmos by From The Dust | https://soundcloud.com/ftdmusic
Published at Wed, 18 Mar 2020 21:26:00 +0000